Meet OUR MEDICAL DIRECTOR - DR. HAROLD BAFITIS, D.O.
Dr. Harold Bafitis is a distinguished doctor of osteopathy with over 20 years of experience in plastic surgery. He is double board certified in both general surgery and in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Bafitis was the first osteopathic plastic surgeon to earn the designation of FACS (fellow in the American College of Surgeons), and he has also earned the title of fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS). In 1994, Dr. Bafitis was honored to become the youngest chairman of the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery. Today, Dr. Bafitis is proud to use his experience and talents to nonsurgically provide a personalized, rejuvenated aesthetic for men and women in Boynton Beach, FL.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Bafitis is a highly experienced plastic surgeon who is known for his extensive cosmetic expertise and the development of an innovative technique that integrates liposculpture and abdominoplasty. At Allura Aesthetics, he specializes in a lineup of minimally invasive aesthetic treatments, including RF microneedling, laser skin resurfacing, HydraFacial, and nonsurgical skin tightening. Dr. Bafitis is skilled in administering many injectables, and his popular offerings include wrinkle relaxers, like BOTOX and Dysport, and fillers, such as JUVÉDERM and Restylane. Each cutting-edge rejuvenation procedure is highly customizable to meet the patient's cosmetic desires and concerns.
Education and Training
Dr. Bafitis graduated with honors with his bachelor's degree from the University of Maryland in College Park, MD before achieving a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, TX. He graduated from medical school cum laude with his doctor of osteopathy (D.O.) degree from the University of North Texas in Denton, TX. Dr. Bafitis then completed a five-year residency in general surgery at Ohio University's Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, OH, followed by a two-year fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery in Des Moines, IA at the Plastic Surgery Institute. He also completed a one-year fellowship in cosmetic surgery, breast surgery, and breast reconstruction in Cincinnati, OH at Cincinnati Plastic Surgery Associates.
Leadership and Appearances
Dr. Bafitis presently sits on the Residency Evaluation and Standards Committee of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons in Washington, D.C. Dr. Bafitis is also a clinical associate professor of surgery at Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Bafitis has trained medical students, residents, and other physicians for more than 20 years. He has contributed to numerous medical publications and has lectured nationally and internationally to medical and lay groups about all aspects of plastic surgery. He has hosted numerous scientific programs in West Palm Beach, conducting live surgery at his state-of-the-art certified surgery center. Most recently, Dr. Bafitis has hosted scientific programs dealing with the state-of-the-art technology with fractional dot laser resurfacing and jet lavage liposculpture.
Appointments and Awards
Dr. Bafitis has earned the following accolades and awards:
- North Texas State University/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Outstanding Senior, 1981
- Board Examiner – American Osteopathic Board of Surgery, 1992 – present
- Author of clinical questions for American College of Osteopathic Surgeons’ Written Exam Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1992 – present
- American Medical Association, Physician Recognition Award, January 1992 – January 1995, October 1995, November 1998
- Professional Plastic Surgery, Lee Eire, 2012 – present
- Appointed Plastic Surgery Residency Inspector, American Osteopathic Association; American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 1997 – present
- Awarded by Palm Beach County Medical Society for volunteer work in plastic surgery, 1997
- National Humanitarian Award, presented by the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 2002
- Palm Beach "We Care" designation for exemplary medical practice, presented by WPEC Channel 12, 2003 – 2005
Humanitarian and Volunteer Work
Dr. Bafitis is passionate about using his medical skills to help underprivileged communities both in the United States and internationally. He has provided reconstructive surgeries free of charge to patients in Bolivia, Peru, and Cambodia, in addition to volunteering his time educating other surgeons.
Dr. Bafitis holds membership in the following organizations:
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
- International Academy of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery
- International Academy of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Palm Beach County Hand Society
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society – University of Maryland
- Sigma Sigma Phi National Honor Society
Dr. Bafitis is very proud of both his family and his office staff who he considers as part of his extended family. He looks forward to welcoming future patients to Allura Aesthetics and helping them attain a more radiant, refreshed appearance.
"I recommend Allura to anyone looking for professional, clean, high quality, and affordable services. I have used Allura for two procedures thus far and was more than impressed and satisfied each time. The technician, Yuni, was amazing. She made me feel comfortable, explained every aspect of the products and procedures, and her application of the products was more pleasant than I thought it would be not having experienced this type of service before. The results have been more than satisfactory and I look forward to going back and continuing my aesthetics experience with Allura."
"I recently had a HydraFacial at ALLURA Aesthetics and absolutely loved it. The aesthetician was Daphne and she was very gentle and knowledgeable. Her first order of business was to create a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere for me - I took off my shoes, snuggled up with a cozy blanket and closed my eyes to relaxing spa music. I was literally glowing after the treatment. Even my husband mentioned how great my skin looked when I got home. I can’t wait to go back for my next treatment."
"I recently had a platinum HydraFacial at ALLURA Aesthetics and absolutely loved it. Even my husband commented that my face was glowing when I got home! Daphne was my aesthetician and she was just lovely - very knowledgeable and professional. As soon as I arrived she went above and beyond to ensure my comfort. I kicked off my shoes, was given a soft, cozy blanket and drifted off to the sound of relaxing spa music. The ability to make an appointment online was a big bonus for me and I loved the appointment reminders via text and email. Already looking forward to my next treatment!"
"By far the most professional and capable medspa out there. They MUST be good for me to feel confident sending my clients of over 20 years to them. Over a dozen of my clients have recently become allura medspa patients and they couldn’t be happier."
"Yuni is a gentle and kind person. I love coming here to get my hydrafacial and Botox."